Education & Training
At the University of Minnesota, we are educating and inspiring tomorrow’s health care professionals.
Our students across all health professions learn, work, and collaborate together. Our graduates go on to better their communities, heal both animal and human patients, and develop life-changing treatments and cures.
Thousands of health science learners across three system campuses enrolled in 60+ degree programs learn together through our nationally recognized interprofessional education curriculum. We’ve established more than 3,000 clinical training partnerships across Minnesota, many of them in rural or underserved communities, which serve as training sites for our students.
Spanning all specialties of health care, we are educating and inspiring the next generation of health care professionals. This is education that changes the practice of health care.
Explore programs across health care professions at the University of Minnesota.
Resources to support students' interprofessional experience:
- Center for Health Interprofessional Programs: Offers health professions students unique and innovative opportunities that help them connect, collaborate, network, and develop.
- Center for Interprofessional Health: Offers interprofessional learning opportunities, programs and experiences that allow learners to deepen their knowledge and develop the skills they will need to effectively contribute to team-based, interprofessional collaboration as future health professionals.
- M Simulation: Offers simulated training experiences for health sciences learners at the U of M.
- National Center for Interprofessional Practice and Education: Offers resources and interprofessional practice and education-related events and programs.
- Office of Academic Clinical Affairs: Offers resources and interprofessional practice and education-related events and programs.
- Office of the Associate Vice President for Academic Health Sciences: Provides leadership and guides strategic visioning for health science education at the U of M.
- Pre-Health Student Resource Center: Helps students explore health career options, build effective skills and prepare a well-rounded portfolio of experiences, and prepare for admission into health professional programs.