Partnerships are essential to the Academic Health Center.
Partners help us achieve our mission through:
- research of new treatments and cures for people and animals
- education of the next generation of health professionals
- care for patients, both human and animal
- support of our mission through philanthropy
Minnesota Partnership for Biotechnology and Medical Genomics
This is a collaboration among the state, the University of Minnesota, and Mayo Clinic. The goal is to position Minnesota as a world leader in biotechnology that will result in:
- important new medical discoveries
- improved health care for patients
- development of new business and jobs in Minnesota
Area Health Education Centers (AHEC)
Located in rural and urban Minnesota, AHEC works to encourage people from underserved communities to consider health care careers. It also helps health professional students find internship opportunities in the community.
Clinical care partners
University of Minnesota Physicians
This practice group includes more than 700 physicians. They are faculty of the University of Minnesota Medical School and experts in many medical specialties. They care for patients in an environment where breakthroughs are developed and applied. And they train the next generation of physicians.
Fairview Health Services
University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview and the University of Minnesota Amplatz Children’s Hospital are core teaching hospitals of the University of Minnesota Medical School.
Other hospitals and clinics
- Abbott Northwestern Hospital, Minneapolis
- Children’s Hospitals and Clinics, Minneapolis and St. Paul
- Community University Health Care Center, Minneapolis
- Hennepin County Medical Center, Minneapolis
- Regions Hospital, St. Paul
- Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Minneapolis
- Hibbing Community College Dental Clinic, Hibbing
- North Memorial Medical Center, Robbinsdale
- Mobile Dental Unit, various sites, statewide
- Northpoint Health and Wellness Center, Minneapolis
- Prairie Winds Dental Clinic, Howard, S.D.
- Rice Regional Dental Clinic, Willmar, Minn.
- Walker Methodist Health Center, Minneapolis
- The Minnesota Medical Foundation raises funds for the Medical School and School of Public Health
- The University of Minnesota Foundation raises funds for the School of Dentistry, School of Nursing, College of Veterinary Medicine, and College of Pharmacy