The Performance Appraisal Tool (PAT) is a secure on-line employee appraisal. PAT is designed to engage supervisors and staff in a meaningful two-way performance appraisal process. Annual appraisals are also required under University policy.
PAT is approved for use with AHC civil service, bargaining unit and P&A staff. Please check with your local HR representative and view the implementation plan for your college, school or unit below.
- Major Responsibilities and Expected Results can be imported from previous Assessment (adding button to select if want both Major Responsibilities and Expected Results to carry over from previous year.
- Goals and Training – combined so there is no longer Current Goals/Training and Future Goals/Training
- Updates to My Appraisal tab – more intuitive headings, more relevant information at a glance (i.e. employee e-mail address and supervisor name), and the ability to click and email employee/supervisor.
- Eliminated a step - Supervisor “Signature” will occur when reviewer submits appraisal to employee (eliminating reviewer signature step)
- 'Designated Approver' step will come before employee signature. HR will enter x.500 for next level approver – This may be used to HOLD appraisals for calibration.
- System Response Speed improved
- Revised PAT Guides
- Text modifications to reflect system issues or limitations (eg. Oracle 4,000 character limit)
- Reports – PAT reports coming soon
- Ability to click and sort 'My Appraisals' tab
How Do I Access PAT?
- For Supervisory and Administrative Access: http://performanceappraisal.ahc.umn.edu and log in with your x.500.
- For Self Assesment Access
- You will NOT have access before your supervisor successfully sets up your appraisal
- You will receive an email from PAT once your supervisor has successfully set up your appraisal
- You can access your self assesment here: if you've lost the email
- Administrator's Access Request Form
How Do I Use PAT?
- PAT Supervisor's Guide
- PAT Employee's Guide
- PAT Administrator's Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions - FAQs
- How to Prep for PAT and What to Communicate to Supervisors
Questions: See your department contact below
School of Public Health
School of Public Health encourages use of the Performance Appraisal Tool. The tool will be used with Civil Service, Bargaining Unit and P&A employees. Performance evaluations are due by or before July 1, 2013 to the Dean’s Office. Those using the PAT system will not need to forward hard copies of the review. Please contact Anne Ehrenberg (612) 624-6638 or Molly Gage (612) 624-7196 if you have questions.
College of Pharmacy
The College of Pharmacy will implement this new Performance Appraisal Tool with each department in stages throughout the 2011 summer months. The tool will be used for Civil Service and Bargaining Unit employees. Please contact Mary Owens (612) 625-4902 or Chris Nelson (612) 624-0488 if you have questions.
School of Dentistry
The School of Dentistry strongly encourages the use of PAT for Civil Service and Bargaining Unit positions. It may also be used with P&A positions. Performance evaluations are due by June 7, 2013. Those using the PAT system will not need to forward hard copies of the review to the Human Resources Office. Please contact Chara Blanch (612) 626-4172, Kelly Campbell (612) 626-4171 or Anthony Untiedt (612) 625-8903 if you have any questions.
School of Nursing
The School of Nursing encourages use of the Performance AppraisalTool. The tool will be used with Civil Service, Bargaining Unit and P&A employees. Please contact Dee Reinking (612) 624-0105 or Amanda Wendt (612) 624-8169 if you have questions.
The Medical School encourages use of the new tool for 2012. Questions: List of Med School PAT Contacts
Academic Health Center: Office of Vice President and Shared UnitsThe AHC Shared and VP Units are strongly encouraged to use the online PAT tool for Civil Service, Bargaining Unit & P&A positions, following their currently established performance review timelines. Please contact Shannon Luloff (612) 626-4285 if you have questions.